Featured Post

"A Journey Through Stock Aitken Waterman" discussed on Today: Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Bananarama

This podcast is available on the following platforms: ChartBeats Spotify - ourney Through Stock Aitken Watermanurn Apple Podcast - A Journey...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Unchained melody - Robson & Jerome

Robson & Jerome were an English pop duo in the 1990s, featuring TV actors Robson Green and Jerome Flynn, who were best known for their British TV series Soldier Soldier.

One episode called for the duo to sing "Unchained Melody". Subsequently ITV was inundated by people looking to buy the song, and the pair were persuaded by Simon Cowell to release it as a single. Simon Cowell enlisted top music producers Mike Stock and Matt Aitken, with whom he had worked many times, to produce the single. It stayed at No.1 for 7 weeks in UK Chart, selling more than a million copies and making it the best-selling single of the year.

Subsequently they had two further #1 singles produced by Mike Stock and Matt Aitken and two #1 albums.

PositionArtistTitle DateDetails
1Robson & JeromeUnchained Melody / (There'll Be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs Of Dover May 1995 Notes
1Robson & JeromeI Believe / Up On The Roof Nov 1995
1Robson & JeromeWhat Becomes Of The Broken Hearted / Saturday Night At The Movies / You'll Never Walk Alone Nov 1996

Unchained Melody



I believe



Love You Forever



If I Can dream



Robson & Jerome - Pretty Woman



Interview

2 comments:

  1. Paolo hello, cool I am on your blog and now I receive an email when you publish.
    I do not know these two artists, thank you because it's always good to learn.
    Tell me I'll make a link to your blog, see a lil section soon, can I use your banner to talk about your blog?
    Or that there was "the single Atken Waretman Stock!
    Thank you for your answer, you can write me in the contact module right on my blog, you click on my picture, thank you and good Sunday, JPaul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean Paul thanks for visiting! (I hope I have your name spelled correctly). Yes, thanks for advertising for the banner! Robson & Jerome you talk about, were not very well known abroad, they were famous in Britain. Ok, I will respond if necessary by clicking on your photo in your blog. Thanks for visiting, have a nice weekend and week, hello.

    ReplyDelete