Featured Post

"A Journey Through Stock Aitken Waterman" discussed on Today: Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Bananarama

This podcast is available on the following platforms: ChartBeats Spotify - ourney Through Stock Aitken Watermanurn Apple Podcast - A Journey...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

80s pin-up Rick Astley preparing for comeback

He was up there with Kylie, Jason, Brother Beyond and Bros, lovingly Blu-Tacked to my bedroom walls.

Torn from Look-In and Smash Hits, my Rick Astley posters, backed on pink paper, were arranged at jaunty angles around the poky room I shared with my sister.

Never Gonna Give You Up, Together Forever and Hold Me In Your Arms (on my well-worn Greatest Hits of 1989 double cassette) would blare out from my plastic ghetto blaster. I knew all the words.

Back in the late 80s, before Take That captured my teenage heart, it was all about Rick – that nice boy with the funny dance.

And now he’s making a comeback... [read the full article]

No comments:

Post a Comment